Of coarse we all know yoga makes us feel good! It is a tried and tested holistic system that seems to have
endless number of wellbeing benefits. There are obvious positives to practicing yoga [toned triceps, flexible
hamstrings] but the truth is, your practice is also doing a lot more for you.
Here are 8 other benefits.
1. Detox- due to increased flow of oxygenated blood.
2. Become more Patient- yoga teaches us to let go of the outcome and surrender to the present moment counter balancing impatient tendencies.
3. Balance hormones- Yoga brings the entire system back into balance, particularly the glands of the endrocine system whose job is to secrete hormones in the body.
4. Improve your Concentration- Concentration is simply taking your attention to a single point of focus. During a yoga class you are encouraged repeatedly by your teacher to come back to your breath which is a way of putting single pointed focus in action.
5. Feel More Grounded- The root chakra relates to our roots, our sense of physical security. When it's funtioning well, it helps us feel grounded and connected to the Earth.
6. Stimulate Your Creativity- The sacral chakra is the center of creativity within the subtle body. This area of balance ignites your creative flow, it relates to the way we think and solve problems whether you are an artistic or not.
7. Increase Your Confidence- It gives you a practical way of developing internal and external qualities such as strength, balance and focus and when we see improvements in our practice, our confidence naturally increases.
8. Sharpen your Intuition- A regular meditation practice helps to quiet and still the oscillating fears, phobias, and anxieties of the lower mind, and creates the space for the infinite wisdom of our intuition to present us with the answers we need to guide us forward.
Wellness On The Coast
Healing Practitioners Serving Sea Ranch, Gualala, Anchor Bay, Point Arena, Manchester & Elk
© 2014 ~ Design by B More Creations